Your First Visit With Our Orangeburg Dentist
For a first-time appointment, most people will be scheduled with our registered dental hygienist and an exam with Dr. Lewart. During the one-hour visit, we will:
- Take a series of oral photographs to record a baseline of any existing oral conditions (and provide our patients with an “up close” view of any findings that we see).
- Record diagnostic digital X-rays to evaluate areas between and under the teeth.
- Review your health and dental history, so that appropriate accommodations or recommendations can be made.
- Discuss your chief complaint or concerns, giving you information regarding what options are available to address them.
- Provide oral hygiene counseling that’s relative to your individual dental health.
- Perform a preventive cleaning to remove plaque, tartar buildup, and stain.
- Screen for periodontal (gum) disease so that it can be intercepted in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly assess the biting patterns of your teeth to determine if there is any need for orthodontic therapy.
- Conduct an oral cancer screening to identify pathological tissues.
- Finally, Dr. Lewart will conduct a comprehensive examination of all of your teeth, soft tissues and existing dental restorations.
At the close of your appointment we will review our findings with you and make appropriate recommendations regarding your recare or treatment. Most individuals benefit from a prophylactic appointment every six months, while others need to be seen as frequently as every two to three months.
During your check-ups, our hygienist will discuss different types of home care and maintenance to help you extend the health of your smile.
New Patient Special
We are pleased to extend a special for our new patients. For only $99, you can get an exam, any necessary X-rays, and a thorough cleaning. If you have any questions about this offer, please contact our office.
New Patient Forms
We value your time, which is why we offer the option to fill out your intake forms before you arrive to our office. Please bring your completed forms with you to your first appointment.
New Patient Forms
We See Emergency Patients on the Same Day
If you are calling our Orangeburg dentist regarding a dental emergency, we will do everything we can to see you on the very same day. Please call us immediately, even if it’s outside our regular business hours or on the weekend. CareCredit financing and evening appointments are available.
Contact our office at 845-367-7175 to learn more about our dental services in Orangeburg, Blauvelt, Sparkhill, Tappan and Piermont, New York, and schedule your appointment with Dr. Jordan Lewart.